MWC Collect & Get Movie Promo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and Buy and Get Offer (the “BGO”) Official Sweepstakes Rules (the “Rules”)
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes and BGO is Mars Canada Inc., and Cineplex Entertainment LP (the “Sweepstakes Sponsor”) and the administrator of this Sweepstakes and BGO is Match MG Canada Inc. (the “Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes and BGO is open to legal residents of Canada, who are aged thirteen (13) and above at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees, representatives and agents of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, the Administrator, or their respective parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, shareholders, members, officers, directors, representatives, agents, distributors, sponsors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, Prize suppliers and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”), or members of the immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons domiciled with (whether related or not), any of the above.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes and BGO will begin on June 3, 2019 at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end at 12:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
- HOW TO ENTER.
- BGO. During the Promotion Period you must upload to the Website (as defined hereafter) a photo of receipt(s) and product(s) of specially marked packages of the following participating products: M&M’S® Peanut (120g, 200g, 400g), Milk Chocolate (120g, 200g, 400g), Caramel (120g, 200g, 400g), MALTESERS® (100g, 165g), SNICKERS® Bites (130g, 230g), TWIX® Bites (130g, 230g), MARS® Bites (130g, 230g), SKITTLES® Original, Berry, Sours, or Tropical (191g), STARBURST® Gummies Original, Sour, and /or STARBURST® Original packages (191g); and that has been purchased within PP from a Canadian store (collectively, a “Qualifying Purchase”, in the plural “Qualifying Purchases”). A participant with five (5) confirmed Qualifying Purchases will receive one (1) promotion code redeemable for one (1) Cineplex general admission movie ticket at Cineplex.com (Limit of 4/household) (ARV $12.50 CAD) (“Code”). Each Code will also grant the participant one (1) Purchase Entry (as defined hereafter). Each Code must be redeemed by 01/31/2020 11:59:59 PM (ET) and is subject to Cineplex conditions of use.
- Sweepstakes. There are two (2) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes.
Purchase method of entry: There is one (1) method of entry that requires purchase. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, during the Promotion Period, show proof of purchase by uploading to the Website (as defined hereafter), a photo of receipt(s) and product(s) of Qualifying Purchases (as defined hereafter), the purchase of which was made during the Promotion Period, from a participating Canadian located store (excluding Costco). A participant with five (5) confirmed Qualifying Purchases will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Purchase Entry”).
“Qualifying Purchases”: specially marked packages of: M&M’S® Peanut (120g, 200g, 400g), Milk Chocolate (120g, 200g, 400g), Caramel (120g, 200g, 400g), MALTESERS® (100g, 165g), SNICKERS® Bites (130g, 230g), TWIX® Bites (130g, 230g), MARS® Bites (130g, 230g), SKITTLES® Original, Berry, Sours, or Tropical (191g), STARBURST® Gummies Original, Sour, and /or STARBURST® Original packages (191g).
No purchase necessary method of entry. To enter without purchase, entrant must first complete the No Purchase Entry form ("No Purchase Entry Form") found at the Website ( https://www.moviecollectandget.ca/no-purchase-entry ) , and provide their full name, address and telephone number to request a No-Purchase-Entry Personal Identification Number ("NPE PIN"). Once the No Purchase Entry Form has been submitted, an NPE PIN will be displayed on-screen. Entrant must then submit a unique handwritten original (not photocopied) 250-word essay on "What are your top 3 favourite Mars’ products and why?”, (“Essay”) and reference their NPE PIN on a single piece of paper, in a self-address envelope to the address below (the “Sweepstakes Address”):
MARS MOVIE COLLECT & GET PROMOTION
PO BOX 250
Pickering, ON L1V 2R4
Each entry must contain an original Essay and must be enclosed in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage, be post-marked during the Promotion Period, include your assigned NPE PIN at the top of the page and received during the Promotion Period in order to qualify for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“No Purchase Entry”). Each Essay and NPE PIN can be used only once. You will qualify for one (1) entry into Sweepstakes per separate envelope containing an original Essay per day to a maximum of one (1) NPE entry per day throughout the Promotion Period. There will be a limit of one (1) NPE PIN request per day.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is a limit of one (1) No Purchase Entry per person and email account permitted per day during the Promotion Period. There is a limit of four (4) total entries, per household during the whole Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sweepstakes Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sweepstakes Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) No Purchase Entry or Purchase Entry (each an, “Entry”, collectively, “Entries”) per person, per day during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, email accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Sweepstakes, then he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sweepstakes Sponsor.
To enter and participate an entrant must have a valid email address. If an entrant uses a mobile device to register, they may incur standard data charges from their wireless service provider. Entrants should check with their wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. All Entries must be submitted and received within the Promotion Period. The Administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of Entry.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be considered submitted by the natural person who is assigned the email address submitted at the time of Entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchase is not required and does not enhance chance of winning.
(i) Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize ( “Grand Prize”) available to be won, which consists of the following:
Cineplex Movie for Life*: Twenty-five (25) gift cards, each with a value of Five Hundred Canadian Dollars ($500).
Total aggregate retail value: Twelve Thousand Five Hundred Canadian Dollars ($12, 500) CAD.
The Grand Prize winner will be provided with all twenty-five (25) gift cards shortly after being declared a winner.
The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter, substitute or modify the Grand Prize (or any component thereof) with a prize of equal or greater value without prior notice for any reason. The Grand Prize may not be exactly as shown in Sweepstakes promotional materials. The Grand Prize includes only those elements described above. Any and all expenses not expressly provided herein, are the sole responsibility of the confirmed Grand Prize winner.
*Movies For Life is based on the following calculation: 3 movies per month, which calculates to 36 movies a year, over a period of 25 years, or 900 movies. Each movie value is calculated at $13.88 (above the current value).
SELECTION OF WINNER
Potential Grand Prize winner will be announced on or around January 20, 2019 in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 02:00:00 PM ET. A random draw will be conducted on January 16, 2019 by the Sweepstakes Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s authorized representative at 01:00:00PM ET in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period to select one (1) eligible Grand Prize winner (the “Draw”). The selected entrant will be notified by email, at the address provided upon Sweepstakes Entry, within two (2) business days from the Draw, as further described below. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Grand Prize cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash (other than by cheque), except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, who reserves the right at any time and for any reason to award or substitute the Grand Prize, or any part thereof, for a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is non-descendible.
The potential Grand Prize winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign and return the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s form of the Winner’s Declaration, Release and Indemnity (“Release”) prior to being confirmed the Grand Prize winner and awarded the Grand Prize.
The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reschedule the Draw. No responsibility is assumed by the Sweepstakes Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any Draw for any reason or for an unclaimed or unawarded Grand Prize.
NOTIFICATION AND HOW TO CLAIM THE GRAND PRIZE. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email at the address that was used in the Entry and such message will request the potential winner to complete the Release. This notification (the “Notification”) will occur within two (2) business days after the Draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the entrant’s responsibility to check their email messages to ensure prompt reply to any Notification. THE POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL HAVE TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTIFICATION (REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED) TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
The potential winner must claim his/her Grand Prize as instructed in the email message;
The potential winner must then correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, or by telephone at a time to be mutually agreed upon, or in the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s form of declaration and release);
The potential winner must accept the terms of the Release, which (among other things) confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Sweepstakes Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and the awarding, use and misuse of the Grand Prize; and
The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process.
If the potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to the Notification within the timeframe set out above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, or declines to accept the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and the Sweepstakes Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, randomly select one (1) alternate potential Grand Prize Winner subject to the same terms set out above. If a Grand Prize winner cannot be verified, the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and will not be returned. The confirmed Grand Prize winner (subject to applicable releases) must agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, image, persona, city/province/territory of residence, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness for publicity purposes, including the reposting of their Entry, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sweepstakes Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet, and grants to the Sweepstakes Sponsor, any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Released Parties are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Sweepstakes Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sweepstakes Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of these activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any Grand Prize won.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes, the winner acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding, use or misuse of any Grand Prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Grand Prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any Grand Prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes.
The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Rules, the selection and announcement of the winner, the distribution of the Grand Prize.
- INDEMNIFICATION. By submitting an Entry, entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) which may arise out of any breach of any of covenants, agreements, terms, obligations, representations or warranties set forth herein.
RIGHT TO TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND. The Sweepstakes Sponsor may at any time, at its sole discretion and without liability, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, subject only to approvals required by law (i.e. the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux), if fraud, technical failures or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Sweepstakes or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Rules. In addition, for the purposes of determining eligibility to win the Grand Prize in the event of early termination of the Sweepstakes, all eligible entries received prior to the time of early termination will be considered as valid and for the purposes of these Rules, the Promotion Period will be deemed to have ended at the moment of early termination. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors, including without limitation, any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then it shall be, to the extent invalid or unenforceable, deemed omitted and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. No waiver on the part of the Sweepstakes Sponsor to enforce of any term herein shall be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any other term.
Proof of posting Entry is not proof of receipt by the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrator. Incomplete, altered, mutilated or garbled entries will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, garbled, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or damaged entries, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Rules, or for any Entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-Entry of any required information, the effects of hackers, the failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections or any other reason beyond Sweepstakes Sponsor’s or Administrator’s reasonable control; all of which will be disqualified.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by the Sweepstakes Sponsors affecting the conduct of this Sweepstakes are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sweepstakes Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable, federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a conflict between any Sweepstakes details contained in these Rules and any Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media and French Rules), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these English Rules shall prevail.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Any other consent that the entrant has given to the Sweepstakes Sponsor to receive commercial electronic messages which are currently in effect, and unrelated to this Sweepstakes, shall not be affected by the request for consent made pursuant to this Sweepstakes.
ALL TRADEMARKS AND LOGOS ARE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.